We are happy to announce that Healthy Bites will be offering healthy lunches for the 2022/2023 school year for Grades 1-8.
The 3 day (Tuesday to Thursday) per week option is at a cost of $45 per month or $450 for the school year.
The 4 day (Monday to Thursday) per week option is at a cost of $60 per month or $600 for the school year.
Deadline for registering is September 9/22. To register, please use this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSekfqBWpJDfcD2DjAIrLMLiSk2nv260DOmOQjXZ4b6ZeJGR0Q/viewform
If you have any questions please contact Program Manager Jennifer Hara at email@example.com.
Healthy Bites is a nutritious, hot lunch program run by Jennifer Hara, Mary-Anne Muzos, and Liz Canrinus, with assistance from the Toronto Foundation for Student Success.
After a modified program last year, we hope to return to cafeteria service for the 2022/23 school year.
Healthy Bites is dependent on volunteers to run the program. If you can help with any aspect of the program, please let us know.
Weekday Daytime Volunteers Needed:
Healthy Bites urgently needs morning volunteers to assist with preparation and serving of lunch.
- Time: 9am – 12pm
- Days of the week: Tuesday through Thursday
- Tasks: Meal preparation & serving
- Contact: Mary-Anne Muzos at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunday Evening Bread Pick up Volunteers Needed:
Volunteers are needed to pick up the “day olds” from Cobs Bread at Humbertown Shopping Centre (Royal York & Dundas). The bread must be picked up Sunday evening then delivered to the school on Monday morning. Due to the very large volume of baked goods to be picked up and transported (sometimes 5 or more large bins full) a minivan or station wagon with empty flattened backseat area is recommended for this task.
- Once per month on Sunday before 6pm
- The next Monday morning delivery to the school
- Tasks: Drive to Humbertown Cobbs bread and pickup/deliver the baked goods
- Contact: Jennifer Hara at email@example.com.
We strive to use fresh, natural ingredients and follow the Nutrition Guideline Summary for Student Nutrition Programs. Most everything is made on site, including sauces and salad dressings. Every meal includes vegetables (raw and/or cooked), assorted fruit (varies on season) and a whole grain food.
Here are some examples of meals we’ve served:
- Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry with Brown Rice
- Baked Macaroni and Cheese with Butternut Squash
- BBQ Chicken Thighs, Roasted Potatoes and Corn on the Cob
- Fresh Roasted Turkey Breast on a Whole Wheat Bun
- Chicken Caesar Salad with Fresh Baked Croutons
- Waffles with Maple Syrup
- Cheese Perogies with Yogurt
- Egg Sandwich on Toasted Whole Grain English Muffin