We currently have an open position for Fundraising Chair. Support will be provided for the positions. If you are interested in finding out more please contact the School Advisory Council at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to know how you can become more involved with the school and school council, this is the place for you! There are several ways to get started:
- Attending a SAC meeting
- Help out at a Fundraising event
- Volunteer at school events
Attend a SAC Meeting
The easiest way to get involved is to attend one of our SAC meetings. The meeting runs with the following agenda:
- Principal’s report on school happenings
- News from Vice-Principal and teacher representative
- Council business (Treasury, Fundraising, etc)
- Parents topics
SAC meetings are held once a month, at the school library on the second floor, South wing. Enter through the central parking log entrance on George St.
- Thursday, September 12, 2019
- Thursday, October 17, 2019
- Thursday, November 21, 2019
- Thursday, January 9, 2020
- Thursday, February 6, 2020
- Thursday, April 2, 2020
- Thursday, May 28, 2020
Come to the meeting simply to learn what is happening in the school and meet other parents! There is no commitment to join or volunteer or become a member of the council. Please consider inviting a new parent to join the Council or just attend a meeting – sometimes all it takes is a personal invitation.
Did we mention that childcare is available by request? Please contact
email@example.com if you wish to arrange childcare for the upcoming SAC meeting.
Missed a meeting? You can take a look at the meeting minutes here.
Help Out at a Fundraising Event
One of the SAC’s objective is to raise funds to help with school improvements and student events. The SAC has helped made the following possible with our Fundraising effort:
- Outdoor classroom (JK and up)
- Library upgrade with new/reupholster furniture
- Scientist in the school (Gr. 1-6)
- Ukelele program (Gr. 3)
- Jungle Sport
- Staff appreciation breakfast
- Skating program
Please consider helping out at fundraising events to make more possible happen! We are currently looking for help with Pizza Day & Movie/Raffle Basket night.
Volunteer at School Events
Many of the school programs are not run by school staff, instead they rely heavily (some solely) on volunteers. These programs are successful only with the help of parent volunteers:
- Healthy Bites Lunch Program
- Pizza lunch
- Scholastic Book Fair
- Kindergarten Snack Program
- and many others…
If you would like to volunteer for SAC or any school activities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.