Our School Advisory Council Meetings are held online on a Thursday once a month (7-8:30pm)
2022/2023 School Advisory Council Meeting Schedule:
Meeting VIRTUAL links will be sent in the John English Weekly Update Email (SAC information is located at the bottom of the email).
- Wednesday September 28, 2022 @7pm VIRTUAL (Agenda | Budget | Minutes)
- Thursday October 20, 2022 @7pm VIRTUAL(Agenda | Minutes)
- Thursday November 24, 2022 @7pm VIRTUAL (Agenda | Minutes)
- Thursday January 26, 2023 (Agenda | Minutes)
- Thursday February 2023 (Agenda | Minutes)
- Thursday April 2023 (Agenda | Minutes)
- Thursday May 2023 (Agenda | Minutes)
- Thursday June 2023 (Agenda | Minutes)
Everyone is Welcome!
Your School Advisory Council is made up of 12 voted members who organize and carry out main tasks, but all John English JMS parents and caregivers are invited to attend the monthly meetings to stay updated, raise any concerns and help make decisions about how to support our students and programs. Everyone is welcome! There is no commitment to join, volunteer or become a member of the council.
Your School Advisory Council meetings are held roughly once a month on a Thursday from 7pm – 8:30pm. Since the Covid pandemic, they are now held virtually. A typical council meeting runs with the following agenda:
- Principal’s report on school happenings
- News from Vice-Principal and teacher representative
- Parents topics
- Council business (Treasury, Fundraising, etc.)
If you would like to get involved with School Advisory Council or any school activities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your availability, interests, skills and experience. You can also speak with the School Advisory Council Co-Chairs at a meeting.